Our school has implemented a program called i-Ready® Diagnostic & Instruction that will provide our students with an innovative diagnostic assessment and engaging instruction. The focus of this online program is reading and math. i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction helps teachers to effectively assess their students and then provide individualized instruction based on each student’s unique needs.
i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction is an online, interactive learning environment designed to assess students and then provide individualized instruction based on each student’s unique needs. The exciting format and engaging content, as well as the Study Buddies and other interesting, contemporary characters, draw in students right away. The i-Ready experience builds students’ investment in their learning by giving them real-time feedback on their progress in each skill. As students complete each assignment successfully, they earn credits that they can use to play games. i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction also provides opportunities to learn both at school and at home.
How can I help my child get the most out of i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction?
· Talk with your child about how practicing i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction at home will help prepare for classwork. Also, explain that i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction will show teachers where your child is doing well and which topics need some more review.
· Encourage your child to use the tools provided during lessons (reference to objectives, key terms, etc.) and to use scrap paper for math computation.
· Help your child identify and become familiar with the different parts of the student home page (My Assignments, My Stuff, My Progress).
· To help your child get started, see How Does My Child Navigate i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction? (p. 2).
· Have your child use the Student Instructions for Completing Online Lessons (p. 3).
· Encourage your child to take each lesson and question seriously. Emphasize “think before clicking,” because just clicking through will not give an accurate report of what your child knows and is able to do.
· Discuss your child’s results by looking together at the “My Progress” box.
· Contact your child’s teacher about how often your child should practice at home, or with any additional questions about i-Ready Diagnostic & Instruction.