In the Loop Editor
Grenada High School 2013 Homecoming is scheduled for Friday, September 14, 2012. Many activities will take place this week as students and teachers celebrate the annual event. Get ready, Grenada, Homecoming Week has arrived!
Each year the GHS Cheerleaders sponsor dress-up days for the school. Students love these days and participation is superb! This year’s dress-up days are:
- Monday – Camo Day – students may wear camouflage clothing including camo hats or caps. Caps or hats may only be worn if the student is dressed in camo clothing.
- Tuesday – Character Day – students may dress-up as their favorite character. They must be in complete costume. T-shirts with a character’s picture on them may not be worn.
- Wednesday – Western Day- cowboy hats, boots and other western attire may be worn. No spurs are allowed.
- Thursday – Disco Day –students may dress in disco or 70’s style attire.
- Friday – Spirit Day – students may wear GHS t-shirts with regular dress code appropriate bottoms.
Charger Olympics was held on Tuesday morning during activity period. A team from each classSeniors, Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen, and a teacher team competed in wacky games for the title of 2013 Charger Olympic Champions. The games were Three-legged Race, Ding Dong Stack, Teacher Tote, Mummy Mia, and Tug-of-War. Students voted prior to this week for Homecoming Maids. Two maids per class were chosen from the underclassmen and four maids from the senior class. The 2012 – 2013 Homecoming maids are:
- Seniors – Breanna Bess, Rodneshia Leigh, Mary Courtney Self, and Ashley Topps
- Juniors – Lexy Ballard, Memoree Weathers
- Sophomores – Ashley Kellum, Tiara Watson
- Freshmen – Landyn Hoover, Althia Topps
Homecoming practice will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, September 12th and 13th during Long Morning Activity period. The 2012 – 2013 Homecoming Queen will be announced in a pre-game Homecoming Court ceremony. The Homecoming Court will arrive at the stadium at 7:00p.m. in a mini-parade that begins at 6:50p.m. ROTC, GHS Cheerleaders, GHS Band, and maids will participate in the parade. The GHS band will perform at halftime.
Come out and support the Grenada High School Chargers as they battle the Winona Tigers on Friday, September 14, 2012. Go Chargers!